The Saint G
MAKES 1 DRINK
Courtesy of Carmine Potenza of Mondo, New Orleans
The Saint G cocktail has been a favorite at Chef Susan Spicer’s chic new eatery, Mondo, located in the Lakeview neighborhood of New Orleans.
- 1 1/2 ounces Belvedere or other super premium vodka
- 1 1/2 ounces grapefruit juice
- 3/4 ounce Basil Syrup (recipe follows; note: must be made a day in advance)
- 1/2 ounce St. Germaine liqueur
- Thin grapefruit wedge, for garnish (optional)
- Basil leaf, for garnish (optional)
Add all ingredients to an ice-filled cocktail shaker.
Shake vigorously and strain into an ice-filled cocktail glass.
Garnish with a wedge of fresh grapefruit and/or basil leaf.
MAKES 1 CUP
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup near-boiling water
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves
Bring water to a boil in a small sauce pot set over high heat.
Add sugar, stir to dissolve, and remove from heat.
Add basil leaves. Cool. Allow to steep overnight.
Strain into a glass container. Will keep, refrigerated, for up to 1 month.
This recipe has been adapted and comes to us courtesy of Louisiana Cookin’ Magazine.
You may also like: